Maintenance plans are essential for any appliance or asset. Your car is one good example. You would want it to be in good condition for a long period of time and hence, you invest in a maintenance plan so that it is regularly checked for faults and other performance related issues. By investing in a maintenance plan you ensure that your car has a longer life than otherwise, and that it performs well during this period. The same goes for a garage door too!
How to Identify the Right Time for Maintenance?
There are a few signs that tell you that your garage door needs maintenance:
- You may experience difficulty while opening or shutting the door
- Two years or more have passed since you installed your garage door
- The garage door feels imbalanced
- You hear a creaky noise while opening or shutting the door
These are telltale signs that the fixtures or lubrication in your garage door is wearing out. Basically, any change that you notice in the functioning of your garage door is an indication of wear and tear. It is best that you get a maintenance plan in place for the door to avoid untoward incidents.
Why a Maintenance Plan is Important?
- A maintenance plan can help you save a lot of money. Regular use of garage doors lead to wear and tear. Instead of spending money on repairs every now and then, it is advisable to take a maintenance plan. This will ensure that your door is inspected regularly for faults and it is maintained in good working condition.
- Garage doors are quite heavy and the wear and tear in its springs, openers etc. can trigger damages within the system, causing the door to crash eventually. This could have fatal consequences! Regular maintenance keeps such damages in check, keeping you and your family safe.
- A professional can help you spot a fault before it becomes a problem. They will not only tell you how to keep your garage door working efficiently for a longer time, but will also share information on how to fix some problems yourself
What All is Covered Under a Maintenance Plan?
A maintenance plan from a well-reputed garage door company will give you the following benefits:
- All adjustments such as screws and springs will be checked thoroughly. Any loose fixture will be fastened securely.
- If there is an imbalance in the positioning of your garage door, it will be fixed. This ensures that your garage door is works normally and safe to operate.
- If your door has been making creaky noises, lubrication of all the hinges, tracks, rollers and springs will fix the problem.
- Thorough inspection ensures that no faults are overlooked.
Investing in a maintenance plan is a far better and economical idea than spending on repairs every now and then. Professionals identify problems in the functioning of your garage door and nip it in the bud.